Ukraine disavows additional ceasefire control measures – DPR Foreign Ministry

Donetsk, Sep 16 – DAN. Ukraine rejected the additional ceasefire control measures coordination mechanism at the Contact Group video conference, the Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Ministry reported on Wednesday.

“Ukraine refused to use the coordination mechanism for responding to violations, agreed within the framework of ceasefire control measures on July 22,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said. “Ukraine thus dismantled all the additional measures.”

The DPR consistently called for employing all possible methods for interaction within the coordination mechanism, including joint review of violations and joint inspections.

“Today, Ukraine disavowed this accord thus destroying the whole package of additional measures and reducing them to a declarative document without any mechanism to control its implementation. We brought forward the proposal to coordinate ceasefire control measures again. “We regret Ukraine’s position due to which the whole package of measures will have to be coordinated anew,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said.

On September 10, Kiev derailed the joint inspection with the DPR, agreed by the Contact Group, in the Shumy settlement area outside Gorlovka, where Ukrainian armed formations had been developing positions in violation of the Additional Measures to Strengthen the Ceasefire in Donbass.

On July 22, the Contact Group finalised and signed a package of ceasefire control measures. The measures came into force five days later. They envision the search for and punishment of violators. Also, they provide for designing and initiating a coordination mechanism to respond to ceasefire violations with the assistance of the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination in the current membership.*jk

Related

DPR representative reproaches OSCE for lack of progress on Minsk talks political track

Security subgroup adjourns early due to Kiev’s intractability

DPR thinks Kiev’s statement on plans to pardon former detainees has no prospects

250 people use humanitarian corridor in Yelenovka on Sep 14 – DPR Emergencies Ministry

admin

Добавить комментарий